Tip: Keep Cockroaches Away!

+4
Did you know how simple it is to get rid of cockroaches?? It is so simple and no chemicals needed. All you do is simply scatter Bay Leaves around the place. Yes the Bay Leaves that you use in cooking. The roaches do not die. They just don't like the smell and so they just pack up and leave. SIMPLE. It really works. We bought a holiday home and it was totally infested. I googled it and that was the answer. I scattered them and came back a month later and they were ALL gone. Not even any dead ones.
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on May 11, 2017
    I'm saving this idea for the winter! Thanks for the tip!!
  • Nancy Gramm Nancy Gramm on May 11, 2017
    Thanks from me too. In Texas, it's a good tip all year round.
  • C Van Houten C Van Houten on May 11, 2017
    Our neighbors had a horrible roach problem and when they started dragging out their furniture, roaches migrated to our place. I tried bay leaves, essential oils, etc. It did not work. In fact, I opened a cabinet and found a roach sitting ON the bay leaves.

I got rid of the roaches, but bay leaves were no help at all. I'm not saying your method won't work, roaches are crafty devils and can adapt to almost everything. But I am saying that if someone tries this and it doesn't work, don't be too surprised. I got rid of mine by being relentless.
    • Do not feel bad, it doesn't always work, the last apartment I lived in became infested and I changed my bay leaves constantly as I had a friend with a tree. I moved . . . And it was a long move as everything has to be inspected and cleaned before going to the new place.
  • Debbie hoff Debbie hoff on May 11, 2017
    I knew Bayleaves kept bugs out of foods like oatmeal.cake mixes and such,but I didntvknow about roaches. Thanks for sharing !!
  • Leah White Mccarrick Leah White Mccarrick on May 11, 2017
    BAY LEAVES ALWAYS WORLS FOR ME !!!

• Ah I didnt mention that I used fresh leaves straight from the tree. Perhaps there is a difference?? Denise.