How to keep throw rug from moving around on top of carpet?

GretaMindyNicole Frances
+3

• Shoshana

I have this great silicon carpet pad down in my room. Just stick it to the bottom of your rug to keep it from sliding around. I'm sure you can find one on Amazon or at Target.
  • Ell18696727

Thanks for the info! I'll check it out.
  • Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, Bed, Bath & Beyond, and similar stores all carry carpet pads and are easy to cut to size.
  • Nicole Frances

I go to my local dollar store and go into the kitchen aisle. I buy the non slip drawer liners in the roll. I cut to size of the rug. Often times I just use the whole roll under the rug. I can then lift the rug to clean underneath and just put it back in the same position.
  • Mindy

self adhesive Velcro on back of throw rug. Experiment with a small piece of it to see which side will grip your carpet
  • Greta

I used 2 sided carpet tape. It will leave a sticky adhesive place where you use it on the carpet. But the throw rug is not going to go anywhere! I had an area I knew I would always want to use a throw rug on the carpet, so the fact it left the sticky area didn't matter. If I wanted to change out the throw rug, I just made sure it was the same size or bigger.