I need make-over ideas for a mud room

Beth ShortsMichellePatricia

• Patricia

Hi Gail, Can you post a photo so we can see what you're starting with and what the problem areas are? Paint is always an easy fix to brighten the space. Add some hooks for hanging coats/bags. If you can squeeze in a bench with storage that will also help keep the area organized.
  • Michelle

I have seen some adorable ideas on Pinterest including one photo of shallow plastic trays filled with medium sized river rock as a place to put wet/ muddy shoes. I had an old computer cabinet ( for the days of desktops) and transformed it into a place for dog leashes, keys and gloves, etc. I went on Amazon and ordered decorative coat hooks and screwed them into the side of the cabinet. Great use of something taking up room in my garage!
  • Beth Shorts

If you have an old unused dresser- remove all the drawers, and paint the dresser, then slide shelving in, where the drawers were. Fill the shelves with crates and bins, labelled for each member of the family. Take the drawers you pulled out, and turn them into wall shelves, for even more storage!