What does one do with wedding rings after the wedding has gone wrong?

Not a huge value, but more a sentimental value
And I have 2 daughters and 4 great Grandaughters
  10 answers
  • Jennifer Jennifer on May 11, 2017
    You can have it made into another piece of jewelry, maybe a necklace or earrings? My sister made hers into earrings.
  • Patricia Patricia on May 11, 2017
    I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you Shirley. Here's a couple of ideas: You could ask your daughters if either are interested in the rings because it could be that one doesn't care one way or the other. If they both want the rings then ask them what they think would be a fair solution. Or take the rings to a jeweler and have them made into two new rings.
  • Pam Lindau Pam Lindau on May 11, 2017
    My parents were divorced and I did not get along with my father at all. That being said, I treasure my Mom's wedding band and wear it on my ring finger with her Mom's (my Gramma) rings and the one's my husband gave to me. I have 3 granddaughters. The oldest will be getting my Gramma's, the middle will be getting my Mom's (she also has my Mom's name) and the youngest will be getting mine.
  • Mfbandit769 Mfbandit769 on May 11, 2017
    Ask them if they want it. If not, pawn it. Not a big deal.
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on May 11, 2017
    A friend of mine's mother turned her wedding jewelry into earrings for her afterwards and it was always really meaningful to her, Maybe that would be a good happy use for them?
  • Thanks for all the advice. Helpful
  • Nancy Gramm Nancy Gramm on May 11, 2017
    My soon to be niece in law had a gorgeous ring made of her 25th anniversary ring after she found her longtime husband was cheating. She wears it on an appropriate finger.

    I don't have wedding rings to get rid of, thankfully, but I had three of gold earrings, one a cameo, I'd lost the mate to and used the three to make the cameo into a pendant. With the cost of gold scrap and what wasn't needed for the project, it cost me less than $50.
  • 17sunshine 17sunshine on May 11, 2017
    Although divorce is sad, I didn't let my wedding band and a pr. of diamond stud earrings my ex gave me go to waste. I had a jeweler cut the band (marriage broken) and shape it into a bypass ring, then he mounted the 2 diamonds in the center of the bypass. This, of course, made the ring size smaller, but perfect as a pinky ring. I get many compliments on it, even the jeweler liked the reason and outcome. My daughter will get the ring when I pass on.
  • 17sunshine 17sunshine on May 11, 2017
    P.S. When I get the compliments, I tell people it's my divorce ring. Why not make something lovely out of something that went bad.
  • Sharon Sharon on May 11, 2017
    Yes I had a girlfriend who had her wedding ring made into a nice cocktail ring. You can also sell it to one of the buyers of metals and jewelry. Just pop in a pouch and send it off. http://www.cash4gold.com
Your comment...