How can I decorate my plant concrete patio? Paint? Something else?

+5
Need to decorate a plain concrete patio.Paint or any other suggestions?? Rough pored concrete.Will pain help smooth it? They did a bad job and I want to put flowers around it or something?
  • Pam Lindau Pam Lindau on May 11, 2017
    Being a little on the rough side will make it much safer to walk on when wet. It won't be as slippery. A good quality paint for outdoor cement surfaces may make it a little smoother if done in several coats. But, I personally, would not want it completely smooth.
  • Kristi Smith Grogan Kristi Smith Grogan on May 11, 2017
    Paint might help smooth it out. Especially if you get a good paint that is made for concrete and painy on some thick layers. And flowers are always a good idea!!
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 11, 2017
    I would put down a colorful outdoor carpet instead of painting the concrete.
  • BabyBoomerSC BabyBoomerSC on May 11, 2017
    You can have a "skim" coat of concrete applied to the patio to smooth it out. Either hire a pro or do it yourself. You can then paint it any color you want - just be sure to choose paint specifically for concrete/outdoor use.
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on May 11, 2017
    Ooh You can paint it! You can make it look like there's a "rug" out there and add charm to your patio. Keep us posted!
  • Bel21672500 Bel21672500 on May 12, 2017
    Thanks everyone.
  • Bel21672500 Bel21672500 on May 13, 2017
    I love the rug painting idea.
  • Bel21672500 Bel21672500 on May 24, 2017
    Thanks to all of you for the Ideas.I think painting the patio grey and then A painted rug in front of the door is my solution.