What is the best natural way to get rid of grubs.

Nancy TurnerPatsy RomeroBrenda
+4

You can try food grade diatomaceous earth.
  • Brenda

Yes I would like to know the answer to this too since we have our own well and would rather not use a chemical treatment on the lawn.
  • Nancy Turner

Ground up dried egg shells. It will also leech some calcium into the soil too.
    • Brenda

Nancy, does the eggs shells actually eliminate them and their larva? This would be great--I'm so afraid of making our well water bad by using chemicals and the problem is getting out of hand--they are just all over the yard--causing alot of bare spots.
  • Nancy Turner

It does not kill them, but it will keep them away from the plants they are destroying. Much like the diatomaceous earth. You could try putting jar covers of beer in areas like many do to keep them from eating their hostas. They die in the beer. There are powders and such to kill them, but of course that isn't natural. I usually go for the things that will deter them and are basically free, like the egg shells.
  • Patsy Romero

Do you roast them , then grind them to mimic d.e.?
  • Nancy Turner

Crush them up with a rolling pin or put them in the blender to make them like the d.e.