Not a question,,,,buuuut....

+4
I just wanted to say I love all the DIY projects, and I was going to throw away an old bureau I have, and NOW? WELL, I'm not...I'm definitely going to try to DO IT MYSELF!! Well, REdo it, I guess I should say! Tons of great ideas here, and I am loving it! Thank you and have a great day!! :)
  • John John on May 11, 2017
    good for you....I taught international art at the University of Moscow for 6 years....there is no such thing as scrap...only items waiting for a purpose...and no such thing as mistakes in art---only artistic surprises...I once saw a dilapidated old chair that was to be burned....I got the chair free...gave it to a student...when he was finished, about 6 months of rebuilding...the chair sold for over $6,000. now i teach at a senior center how to make mosaic jewelry from egg shells, lamps and vases from all sorts of plastic bottles headed for a land fill...how to use old nail polish as paint.. and the list goes on....I find a use for anything--maybe not the intended use it was made for. Yours could become an aquarium, a book case, a tv stand, the choice is up to your imagination....and never say I can't....once you do you are defeated before you begin....and critics are a dime a dozen...I really don't like Picasso paintings, but they sell for millions so someone else must like them. My opinion really does not matter any more or less than any one else...the art is yours alone and it's finished when YOU say it's finished.

• ReJeana Turner ReJeana Turner on May 11, 2017
    Way to go! It will ne your own unique piece and great way to recycle!

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on May 11, 2017
    I'm so glad you were inspired, I also find myself saving otherwise-garabge more and more and trying Hometalk ideas out! I'm excited to see how yours comes out! Please keep us posted!

• Patricia Patricia on May 11, 2017
    Welcome to the Dark Side, ha ha, just kidding. But once you are bit by the bug you will have more projects than you ever dreamed of. It's a good problem!

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on May 12, 2017
    Thank you for being a part of our community! Good luck with your project!!

• Shoshana Shoshana on May 14, 2017
    This is so exciting to hear! Can't wait to see how the redo goes!

• Chaya L Chaya L on May 14, 2017
    Go for it! Looking forward to seeing the result ;)