Cathy
Cathy
  • Robbins, NC

How to get hot spot off bathroom cabinet caused by hot curling iron?

Mary ThorneStephanie AbbottPamelalounsbery
+1

q how to get hot spot off bathroom cabinet cause by hot curling iron
  • Melissa

Short of sanding the area down until the scorch mark is no longer visible, I am not sure of anything. I am fairly certain that you will have to remove the area that was burned as it has damaged and there is no real way to put back what is already gone.
  • Pamelalounsbery

Found this article it may be of some help
  • Stephanie Abbott

Hello, I had white hazy scortch marks on my dining table from a hot dish. The only thing that worked for me was a steam iron, crazily enough. Set you iron to steam with water in the tank. Place a dish towel or tea towel over the mark. Steam that spot for 20 to 30 second intervals, checking the spot between to see if it's gone. I think I actually held mine for 45 seconds, but you should start slow and see how it goes to be safe. :)
  • Mary Thorne

Get a silicone trivet for your vanity. I bought one, cut it in half and have one in the bathroom and one in the kitchen for hot pots.