How to polyurethane existing furniture without it taking ages to dry?

Gma KirkBrendaRosemary
+1

• Susie Lee

Minwax Carries a product called poly shades. It comes in many colors and is easy to apply. Furniture needs to be lightly scuffed up a bit with some 220 grit sand paper to give it something to adhere to.Vacuum up any just particles from the sanding and wpie furniture down well. Apply Poly Shades. You should be able to get a nice quick finish with this product .
  • Rosemary

Minwax Polycrylics works very well on furniture. I allow to dry and set overnight but it drys within 2-3 hours.
  • Brenda

I agree with above 2 comments
  • Gma Kirk

I agree with using a polyurethane clear coat. my only caveat is if you use polyshades, please be aware it is a colored top coat and as such, any scratch will reveal the color beneath, unlike stains that penetrate. It's excellent for things that do not get touched or moved, etc. like a picture frame, but I wouldn't use on a table or chair. I've learned that the hard way using it as a convenient labor saver with its one step rather than stain, sand, seal.