Our shakes will not fade any suggestions to help them to fade p

Robert JohnsonOco14762500Rankinrw
+2

Apply a product called Wet-n-Forget safe for all surfaces.
  • Rankinrw

I'd try dabbing some pure white vinegar on one of the lighter shakes to see if that helps...If it does, then have at the rest of them.
  • Oco14762500

these are red cedar shakes. They will not grey natually like white cedar. They will blacken like u see in ur photo. I would try to research on line to see if wood bleach would help. u may also try a weathering stain which might help u get the look u r going for. then there is always an opaque stain to try Which might b the best way to get to grey but dont rush this project. Try each method on a practice board shingled with the same siding and leave out in the weather for a while.
    if you go on houzz.com and search natural red cedar house you may come to love what u have, which may be the best outcome after all. Good luck
  • Robert Johnson

Spray the shingles with lemon and water and let the sun dry them. Worked for me!