How to Clean a Black Stovetop

MindyAlisa HowardCarol
+2

We recently got a new black and stainless stove. I was so excited, until the first time a pan boiled over onto the stovetops. Since then there have been other accidents that haven't cleaned up very well and left what seems to be baked on splatters. I've tried the rough side of a kitchen sponge, spray cleaner with sponge and/or cloth. Was sure that my Norwex Enviro cloth would do the trick, but it didn't. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Attached is a photo which shows one of the spots (above reflection from hood lights).

Try using the cleaner for glass top stoves with a micro fiber cloth.
  • Carol

We have a similar stove. You must use the ceramic smooth top cleaner. We got a free bottle with our stove. If you use anything rough it will scratch the surface. Make sure the stove top cools down completely before you clean
  • Alisa Howard

Well, I have a glass top stove and when something gets burned on I use Bar Keeper's Friend cleanser with a non-scratch scouring pad. This product uses oxalic acid to clean. Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser and Polish is the premium household powdered cleanser. With a non bleach formula, BKF is recommended for cleaning stainless steel cookware and sinks, glass and ceramic cook-tops, solid surface countertops, porcelain and acrylic bathtubs and more. It's the best among top-selling cleansers for removing rust, tarnish, hard water stains and lime scale. Made since 1882.
    • Also cleans general household items such as fiberglass, stainless steel, imitation marble, porcelain sinks, tubs, tile, glass-ceramic cook-tops, chrome, copper and brass
    • Cleans and shines tile grouting, sink, baths, toilet bowls, and chrome fixtures
    • Removes rust discoloration from bumpers, automobile chrome, and cleans white sidewalls
    • Removes rust and hard water stains
  • Mindy

I have put a heavy layer of the glass top cleaner over the mess, put a wet paper towel over that, then a piece of plastic wrap. Let sit overnight and clean with magic eraser in morning.