Do you have ideas to remodel a small front porch?

Jacks BetaMichele PappagalloJanet Pizaro

What exactly is your goal?
  • Michele Pappagallo

If you are looking to improve the appearance, you could brighten it up by adding a small chair and side table with a pretty plant. Add an indoor/outdoor rug on the floor to add warmth and color as well.
  • Jacks Beta

Decor goes along way if you don't have the money to do a full remodel.

When I bought the house the graveled area was just a patch of dirt with a small palm tree growing in the middle. (Whoever decided a palm tree would look good there was an Idiot). Since I knew I eventually wanted to extend the step out to be one whole piece I just placed some left over marble chips from another project in there. That area would flood every time it rained and create splatter of dirt all over the tile. I live in Miami it rains every other day! I made myself a house number sign out of extra wood I had laying around. added some nice chairs and shelf unit from Ikea to display my plants. I have gotten more than a few compliments from the neighbors since I moved in about how nice I have made the area look.

Eventually my plan is to extend the step out all the way to the end of the graveled area, but I need to add gutters first or else all the water will fall and create a puddle. Once I add the gutters and extend the step I plan on retiling the whole area.