How do you clean natural stone floors that are light in color.

Mar7331663C. D. ScallanJudy Ferrell
+2

They have a surface like you would ice a cake with shirls and divets. I have used string mops, pads with a corse ribbing in it, also all the Bona pads. I have even used a sponge mop but the floor ripped it apart. Help!!
  • Hillela G.

The best is that they should be mopped using a soft, dry mop. You can use a vacuum, but make sure it has a “Hard Floor” mode that does not use a rotating brush.
    Once a week or so, mop the floors with a damp mop using a detergent formulated for stone or tile. The manufacturer or dealer will have a recommendation for you.
    • Jac22674291

Thank you. I do vacuum first to get all the loose dirt up but when some gets stuck in the crevices that is when even damp mopping will not get it up, then I have to get on hands and knees to scrap or really scrub to get it clean and i am there twice a week so I really do look for dirt.
  • Judy Ferrell

Maybe try a steam mop?
  • C. D. Scallan

I have a shark steam mop. After I sweep up the loose debris , I use the steam mop and it makes a world of difference ! I got mine at Wally World , very affordable .
  • Mar7331663

They have all kinds of cleaners that have a roller brush on them in the front and then vacuum at the same time. One of these would beat the heck out of on your knees with a scrub brush