What glue should I use to succeed this project?

Kimberly WheelerDebbie Wilhelm SimsPam Walker
+6

I want to put rope around bottles of wine to make chic rustic tables centers for my daughter's wedding. See the photo below for example.
  • Patricia

You could try a hot glue gun, but sometimes the glue doesn't work well on glass. I use E6000 for most of my craft projects.

I would try a hot glue gun.
  • Caseyem11

You do not need to glue the entire length of rope. Hot glue, E6000 or even elmers glue at the beginning, periodically in the middle and st the end.
  • John

or paint sections of the bottles with mod podge, wrap the rope and then paint entire rope with mod podge...it will never unravel
  • Ann22025540

I just made some of these last weekend, some plain glass and some that I spray painted first. I used a hot glue, turned out great!
  • Shari

Tacky glue works great for this, I wrap all kinds of things in twine, rope and string and it always works great!
  • Pam Walker

Hot glue & school glue. Use hot glue to glue the first end on, wrap the bottle tightly, glue the last end on & then coat it all over with school glue to protect it from the elements (it dries clear) for a finishing touch. :)
  • Debbie Wilhelm Sims

E6000 glue is the way to go. Yes, you will only need to use it in random spots as it s very strong. 527 glue is another great choice!
  • Kimberly Wheeler

E6000