What kind of flooring can you lay over linoleum?

Michele PappagalloMike.sappLynne Forrestal
+1

• Hillela G.

Ceramic and stone tile, vinyl and laminate flooring, tile and sheet linoleum, hardwood planks and decorative concrete can all be installed over existinglinoleum. The one requirement all they all share is that the existing linoleum must be securely attached to the subfloor.

• Lynne Forrestal

I think the easiest is the floating plank floors as long as the surface is fairly even, you can use a leveler solution if needed.
  • Mike.sapp

I do have a small area where the linoleum did not get enough glue and is separated at the seam. Thank you.
  • Michele Pappagallo

If you like the idea of keeping a vinyl floor, you could consider using the luxury vinyl planks that are in the stores now. They are a snap to install...you just need a utility knife. They are waterproof and can be laid directly over your old vinyl. They come in hundreds of patterns from wood to tile and everything in between. Good luck with your project. BTW - I grew up in Temple, TX :)