How to remove cooking oil stain from patio pavers?

BenJohnPam Walker
+6

• Itsmemic

sorry...there's no way. Period. I have a concrete porch...spilled oil on it when hubby decided to put oil in the genertator on it. There is a huge stain..and it's been there for about 5 years now. hasn't lightened...it is a fresh as the first day. I have tried EVERYTHING...evn left products on it for months !! Nothing. Now? The best I could do was cover it with a porch rug. Don't know how you could cover a paver though. Perhaps.eventually you can paint them?
  • L

Oven cleaner or grill cleaner wwil do it.
  • Ronda Jaramillo

There are alot of brands on the market that rid oil from concrete. This one at Home Depot got good reviews. Good luck.

To get rid of an unsightly oil spot, just spray it with a generous amount of WD-40, blot with some paper towels, and then hose it down with water.
  • Stephanie Witkowski Posey

They have a product made to put on garage floors to absorb oil. Apply and let set. Follow up with a product called Super Clean - not the look alike stuff. I believe you can find both at Walmart in the automotive section. It may not take it all out but it will be a huge improvement. To avoided future problems they do make mats to put under your grill. Around here we use stall mats. They are larger (4' X 6'), cheaper and thicker. At Tractor Supply for about $40. They do have a smaller size too. Made from recycled rubber and clean reall well. 🌻
  • Barbie grow

If the cleaners don't work, I would pry the pavers out and flip them over.
  • Pam Walker

Cement cleaner. You can buy it at Lowe's usually.
  • John

DAWN dish soap removes all oil, but a stain may remain that can be removed with Muratic acid....were a mask...it stinks
  • Ben

baking soda