Why did my painted cabinets chip around the knobs.

TeriMae YaelJudy

• Judy

This depends on the material that it was made with. If it was particle board, then it was made with many chips to begin with. The area around the knobs, was used the most, so this would be the first to chip. Look at the hardware stores, for ideas on how to repair this area, or ask a clerk, who may help you. Likely the first question will be, the name of the material that it was made with. Best wishes, J.
  • Mae Yael

I understand that the paint has chipped off, and not the actual material of the cupboard.
    It all depends of what type of paint was used. Did you refurbish it yourself?
    If so and you used chalk paint, milk paint etc, you need a very good sealer or topcoat after the colour job is done.
    Th only paint I know that doesn't chip or flake is fusion paint. It's non toxic, no brush strokes and self levelling. A 500ml pot does do 23 squares metres.
    Good luck!
  • Teri

You haveTo start with KILZ. It's a primer that helps the paint stick.