John
John
  • Tutorial Team
  • Pittsburgh, PA

What colors should I paint this Chair Bench?

MarcieKaren Ray-StewartBeth Shorts
+15

I made this chair bench out of 2 old chairs and some recycled pallet wood i would like suggestions on what colors to paint and or stain this and the color i pick i will post it on the Hometalk webssite with your name next to it.
q chair bench
2 old library chairs with some gorilla glue and alot of patience and i used some recycled pallet wood
q chair bench
Free pallets i can make anything out of them
  • Karen Ray-Stewart

Personally I would stain it, as I like wood stained, take a look around where you are going to put it and pick a color that matches or pops based on where it is going.

• this is really nice. what are your plans for the bench? If it were me, I would like an ombre effect starting with a light shade on the top slat and then working down to a dark color on the legs, maybe blues or greens?
  • Katherine Anne

I love your bench, you did a great job! I think using a variety of different stains on it would be a great idea. Similar to what some people have done to shiplap walls. Apply, then simply wipe on a stain from dark brown to light brown to Blues to Red's. I think a variety of stains in warm colors, not cool or bright colors, would look best and be more classic verses trendy. It would be beautiful, as well as,be different from what's expected. I can't wait to see what colors you choose!
  • Beth Shorts

Oh that is absolutely lovely!! Are you going to be using it indoors or outside? If it was mine, and in my yard, I would do cheerful summer colours of aqua, ocean blue, coral, and yellow... indoors, I would be tempted to stain it with a light wood stain, then add teal accents here and there.
  • Caseyem11

Where are you going to put the bench? If outside you could use bright exterior paint or pick up the colors of your house. If you are going to use it inside, something complimentary. With paint you can change the back slats seasonally.
  • Katherine Anne

Wonderful, I can't wait to see it. Please make sure to post it!
  • John

Well ladies and gentalman here it is
    , This is what my wife chose and I think she did good, She picked a dark cherry stain with a steelers yellow for the chairs, So let me know what you guys think
  • Katherine Anne

I think your color choice in stain and paint are perfect. It was completely unexpected and is unique. I think it looks beautiful and you did an awesome job from building it to your color choices in finishing it! You do great work!!!
  • Beth Shorts

Oh I love it!! It is SO cheerful!! BRAVO!!!!
  • Karen Ray-Stewart

I love it - turned out really nice. Glad I was able to help

• Marcie

One trick I like to do is to paint a darker color first (like a gray, or a quiet green) then do a distress job over it with a light color