Asked on May 12, 2017

Doors too short?



We removed the carpeting in our bedrooms and hallway and now there is over a one inch gap at the bottom of our doors Which makes it noisy. Any solutions other than replacing the doors
5 answers
  • Carol
    on May 12, 2017

    you can purchase a rubber gasket door sweep that screws into the bottom. They come in different colors and that's what we did. Worked really well
  • Barbara Weber
    on May 12, 2017

    cut a pool noodle in half and slide over the bottom of the door. Draft dodger and fills the gap.
  • Em
    on May 12, 2017

    All I can think of is using one of those draft stoppers that are usually filled with sand which would muffle the noise. No idea where to get them, however!
  • Diane
    on May 12, 2017

    They make a slide that had rubber attached to it for outdoor can even paint it. I don't see why you couldn't use for this!
  • Johnchip
    on May 12, 2017

    The door sweep is your best easy answer. You can also easily take down the door, measure and cut and attach a strip of wood to fill the gap.
Your comment...