Large bathroom ( Tiled)

C. D. ScallanDiana DeileyLynne Forrestal
+1

I have a large tiled bathroom, which I don't like. I hate to do demolition work. Can I sand down the floors, and place luxury vinyl planks in place of old tiles. I want the bathroom to have the look of wood floors, without having to do demolition. Any advice? Thanks
  • Hillela G.

YOu can do it, this will help you get started!
  • Lynne Forrestal

yes you need to use a levelizer, first to fill in the grout lines. but with a leve surface the plank floating floors in all types of material and styles would work.
  • Diana Deiley

Check the website of the vinyl tile manufacturer for their recommendations. Anything can be done and on a budget if properly thought out, designed, and planned for. Measure twice and cut once. Always use proper tools and safety gear. You can do this! Enjoy your new adventure. (Check out Habitat and your local thrift stores for materials.)
  • C. D. Scallan

Definitely check with vinyl manufacturer about not removing the tile as that is the recommended procedure . Not removing it may void your floors warranty .