Yofrendonna
Yofrendonna
  • Newport, MI

Does anyone recognize this weed? It's taking over!

YofrendonnaKim Littrell CramptonStephanie Mitchell
+2

I have mowed this, sprayed it with all kinds of toxins, my dogs have peed on it, poured vinegar, detergent, etc. can't burn it, it's near my lilies.
q does anyone recognize this weed it s taking over
  • Kim Littrell Crampton

Looks like Elephant Ear. You can spray it with a non-selective herbicide containing glyphosate on a non-windy day. It will take a few days for the leaves to die back and you should still dig up the tuberous bulb - it will be located directly below the main stem and will vary in size. Discard in the trash.
  • Anna M Yasson

Skunk cabbage, grows in the swamp near my home in NJ. try starving it, no water, have you tried cutting it out
  • Stephanie Mitchell

Appears to be a large cockerel burr plant. Although I'm not sure. Sorry
  • Kim Littrell Crampton

I think Anna is right - also known as common burdock. Elimination strategy probably same as above.
  • Yofrendonna

thank you all. I have been cutting this down and digging out what I can for five years now. I will try digging deeper I never water it. Thanks again.