F.b690027
F.b690027
  • Morganton, NC

When you have an open concept layout do the fixtures in the kitchen,

Janet PizaroNancy GrammBeth Shorts
+2

and the dining room and the living room all have to have the same finish?
  • that is a matter of personal taste. I have an open concept area like you describe and I have all brushed nickel but that is because I prefer it to anything else. My sis-in-laws house has a mix and it looks equally nice. It's your house!
  • Caseyem11

I don't think so. Mixed metals are popular now.
  • Beth Shorts

There are no rules :) do what makes you happy, really! I just renovated/redecorated my open living room/dining room and to acheive all the same finish on all the metal in the room, (knobs, lights, light switches, vent covers,, etc), I used an oil rubbed bronze spray paint on EVERYTHING.. saves on a lot of money buying all new things!
  • Nancy Gramm

By fixtures are you talking metals? Faucet, lamp fixtures, etc? I don't think anyone would notice if you did them different. My kitchen sink, refrigerator, stove and dw are all stainless, and the faucet is nickel. My ceiling fans are ORB. I seriously doubt anyone pays any attention. I certainly don't.

I have mixed metals if that is what you are referring to. Remember decorating is you own personality and style no one else opinion should matter.