Laurali M
Laurali M
  • New Orleans, LA

Hand Painted Sand Dollar Door Knobs for the House in Waveland

hand painted sand dollar door knobs for the house in waveland, crafts, doors, painting, repurposing upcycling

• Laurali M

Thanks Pam, and yes, the possibilities are endless. The paint I used is Martha Stewart glass paint but any enamel craft paint will do. It has the same texture as other craft paint but applies to glass / porcelain very thinly. you'll have to use 4-5 coats. The dry time between coats is about 30min-1 hour. In an earlier comment I explained how I went about making mine, it might be helpful. I've also done a set of nautalis shells, scallop shells, starfish, and crabs. I have one more set, seahorses, to do. I've used the same paint pallet so they all coordinate. Unfortunately, I've run out of doors. lol :-)

• Debra Grieve

Wow! I like these a lot! Sounds like it is time consuming more than anything. It is well worth it though, as they came out beautiful!! Thank you for sharing!