What is a cute DIY way to hide cable and tv cords?

Ski19465678JewellmartinPat Croley
+7

My tv is sitting on a sofa table that is open on the bottom. Seeing the cords drives me crazy! I have tried crates, foot stools and tall vases. Nothing works for me. Any inexpensive easy ideas.
  • Linda Sikut

I googled 'how to hide tv cords' and found several ideas. Here's one page. I didn't look it over, but there are a lot a websites out there that have ideas or sell gadgets for this problem.

• Liz Aple McCall

Go to a garage sale and buy a table with drawers in it to replace the open bottom table your TV sets on.
  • Serai

theres a cover you can get at any home improvement store that looks like a piece trim. It can be attached to the wall. It's kind of a bracket shape. >>> [ or ]
    it works very well to hide the ugly cords.

you can also attach the cords discreetly to the back side of the table to hide them.
  • PRWins

Best advice: get rid of everything that involves wires... tv, computer, etc., etc. Good luck! (Possibly, you can put wires under carpet or behind walls, as for a tv mounted on wall.)
  • Dana Baier

First, roll/gather each cord into a small bundle & secure (I use small zip ties) then just cover your table with a pretty thrift store table cloth so that it hangs down & covers the unsightly space!
  • Or go the old fashioned route and make or buy cord covers to coordinate with your decor.
  • Patricia

I have some cute baskets on which I make holes on the back. Then I run the cords into
    the basket. Cords and devices are neatly tucked away. This plan helps the issue of "loosing" electronics.
  • Pat Croley

I would tape the cords to the table back and leg....then use a nice piece of fabric for the part that has to go into the wall.
  • Jewellmartin

So many great ideas! I'm trying to hide the wires from a lamp and from my recliner that has heat and massage. My chair sits out in the room with the wall several feet away. I used a basket years ago for computer wires. I think a basket would work next to my chair. Thanks for the question, Pam. Best wishes.
  • Ski19465678

I took a corner cabinet with a door and placed all of the connecting wires, cords, modems inside the cabinet and then cut a small notch in the door so the door could close. There happenened to be a small drawer in this cabinet as well which works great to hold computer paraphernalia such as thumb drives and office supplies like a hole punch and stapler.