BEVERLY FISHER
BEVERLY FISHER
  • Tutorial Team
  • Whiteland, IN

Help with unused flower bed

BEVERLY FISHERJanet PizaroJohn
+3

I HAVE AN OLD UUSED FLOWER BED W/ A MARBLE SLAB IN THE MIDDLE. IT IS QUITE A LARGE BED, BUT WE'RE GETTING TO OLD TO WEED SUCH A LARGE FLOWER BED.
I WOULD LIKE TO PUT SOMETHING IN IT, (BESIDE WEEDS) I THOUGHT OF MAY BE PUTTING PEA GRAVEL INIT & JUST PUTTING FLOWER CONTAINERS IN IT.
ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS TO HELP US OUT?

• Judy Ferrell

You could do that and maybe put in a bird bath and a bench.
  • That sounds like a grand idea! First level the soil. Then put down landscape fabric. Then add rocks that compliment the existing marble slab. Then nestle in potted plants. Any weeds that do appear, you can just spritz with a bit of vinegar or easily pluck out.
  • John

it's hell when we get old...my wife loved flowers, but we can no longer maintain the beds....she just sticks in artificial flowers from the dollar store (only woman I know who has a flower garden in the middle of winter)...maybe a garden bench....or concrete a pad for a glider....weeds grow through pea gravel unless you first put down several layers of thick black plastic

Depending on the size add a garden statue or a gazing ball for a focal point as well.
  • BEVERLY FISHER

thanks guys. you all have great ideas to help accomplish my goal.
    NO MORE WEEDS!!!!!

• BEVERLY FISHER

thanks john.
    this will help a lot