Karen
Karen

I've been told I have voles in my yard...how do I get rid of them?

Hde22858634Slew DeeNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA

have noticed a lot of 1 to 1 1/2 inches holes around a building next to my house but no mounds of dirt ..so someone said I have voles...how can I get rid of them?
  • I used a homemade windmill. Now I have 6 dogs. They do not like the vibration, so they move on.
  • Slew Dee

A couple of things to suggest... animals will leave when they think a threat is around. Ammonia sprayed on a small peice of rag and placed in their home opening might work. Male urine at the opening might also. Or, you can buy a device you plug in, if there is an outlet in that building, that emits a high pitch sound, undetected to the human ear, might work. They are marketed for mice, but work for all small rodents.
  • Hde22858634

we had voles in our yard. From our balcony we noticed little trails of dead grass. Called a pest control company. They came out, set traps and eventually the voles left. The grass did come back. Have t seen them since.