Mary
Mary
  • Mesa, AZ

How to Re-do this lamp?

MaryWilliamNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+3

I found this vintage lamp last year, while living in a different house. I still like it, but since our move, it's a little dinged up and for some reason, it just doesn't look as nice in this living room. What would you do to update/redo it? My favorite style is a rustic/cottagey sort of feel and we have a long way to go with that in this house, but it's my goal!
q how to re do this lamp
  • In my opinion all you need is a different shade. The one you have looks too formal. I personally love the antique wood, but you could also paint it white and age it with wax. Look for one of the many tutorials on this website.
    • Mary

yeah, the shade was an attempt to make it more westerny, but it turned out pretty formal and doesn't fit right...thanks for your ideas!
  • What a great table! I love it! Maybe change the shade? Or paint it?
    • Mary

Naomi....yeah, the shade was an attempt to make it more westerny, but it turned out pretty formal and doesn't fit right...thanks for your ideas!

I don't think the shade is original to the table. You can see the electrical parts. Change the shade, paint it white, and gently sand some edges, areas on spindles, and areas on legs to give a worn look.
  • Mary

William...apparently that shade needs to go! :D The shade was an attempt to make it more westerny, but it turned out pretty formal and doesn't fit right...thanks for your ideas!