How do you root a branch of a Weeping Willow?

ChrisHelenJohn
+3

I have one on my property already. But I want another one to add shade in another part of the yard.
  • Suggest you look at this article. it seems pretty clear.
  • Lee henry

stick a branch in some moist sand it will soon grow roots
  • John

apply root stimulator and let it stay on a window sill in a glass of water...when roots appear, plant it,,,,,but---you know a but is always coming...be careful where you plant///their roots grow out and not down....getting under foundations, under sidewalks, and seeking water in sewer pipes....I have repaired a number of home foundations because of a willow tree....not mine, but for others.....I won't have a willow tree...they produced my mother's favorite switch when I was a child...lol lol
  • Helen

Either layer a piece still attached to the tree onto the ground and fasten it down with a peg and wait or cut a stem and put it in a bucket of water it will produce roots in no time, I grew a whole willow hedge like this. Good luck, but as above be careful where you plant it.
  • Chris

Will do! Thanks!