"Re-Vintage" a Vintage Desk

$50

A card catalog inspired transformation.
I found this little gem on OfferUp. I saw it as a small desk with huge potential. I have always been fond of the old library card catalogs and thought the desk provided the opportunity for a taste of that.
After measuring out how large I wanted the faux drawers to be I went to Hobby Lobby to see wnat I could find. I lucked out! They had the perfect sized pieces and for only $2.99 So I bought two packages
I was concerned about how in the world I was going to measure out the circle for the lock. I came up with a hair brained idea that worked out perfectly.
I used a permanent marker to outline the lock, lined up the piece of wood where I wanted it to go, and pressed down firmly. The marker left a perfect imprint for me to drill out.
I lightly sanded the surface of the drawers to ensure the wood glue had a surface to bind to. I applied a liberal amount of glue, clamped the pieces down and left it to dry overnight.
I wanted to go REALLY bold to make a big statement with this piece. I used Annie Sloan's Amsterdam Green for the color of the body and drawer fronts.
I was a little worried at first with how it was shaping up, but I kept going with it, after all it's just paint right?
While the paint was drying I darkened the top of the desk using General Finishes gel stain in Java. this is my go to color for pieces. It's a rich color And it dries very quickly.
It took me a little while to find the drawer pulls I wanted to add on to it. I found the perfect ones on Amazon. While I waited for them to be delivered by Amazon Prime, I lightly distressed the body of the desk as well as some of the drawer fronts. I also added two layers of clear and dark wax to the piece to add some dimension to the flat color.
I love the way it turned out.

• Wood craft pieces  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Elmers wood glue  (Annie Sloan chalk paint- Amsterdam Green)
  • Annie Sloan clear and dark wax

31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!

• Cheryl

How do you distress a piece of furniture! In this case, desk was painted green at first. what paint was put over it? Was that paint Then wiped off?
    • Miss Lorri

Oh it's beautiful. Enjoy it because you did a wonderful transformation.