Can ceramic tile be painted and how?

Cori WidenWilliamTeresa
+2

• Karan Kay Hultgren-Pool

Not really. Because of the glaze on the tile, you would have an extremely hard time getting paint to stick.
  • Susan Savarese

Hi! Years ago I painted my ceramic tiles with a design and they were fine. However, it was backsplash tile and not something that was wiped down or anything very often. I just used acrylic paint. I'm not sure if you could paint, with long lasting success, ceramic tile. Sorry I'm not of much help!
  • Teresa

Yes! And beautifully, too. I've taken ceramic tile and used acrylic paints on them. I've also used decupoge on them as well. If you use them for coasters, you'll want to use a sealer on them. If you are going to hang them, you can glue hangers on the back (check the type of glue to make sure it's for ceramic). You can also use the finished tiles in a backsplash. The ideas are endless. They even make great gifts. Enjoy!
    Teresa Compton

Rustoleum Tub and Tile Paint kit.
  • Cori Widen

Yes, it absolutely said - like Teresa and William said - all good advice, it just depends. Is it on the floor? Or where is it? The type of paint you use might vary depending on what the tile is for.