Retaining Wall construction

All23600156BarbJohn pyles
+1

We just purchased Old Castle Jasper flagstone shadow blend retaining blocks from Homedeot and have not figured out how these blocks tie together. Has a use this product and can give some incite on the installation.

Lowes sells them also. According to the specs they are just stacked on top of each other and gravity holds them. I personally would use landscape block adhesive to tie them together. Comes in a caulk tube. Also stagger the joints to give them a more natural look and also helps in tying them together.

• John pyles

Look on inter net or go back to home depot they have diagrams on how to install

• Barb

Absolutely masonary caulk in a gun will keep them in place forever. I did a retaining wall around my garden and used the caulk, my neighbor did the same but no caulk. In about 2 years all her bricks shifted, mine still look brand new. The most important part of laying brick is your first layer needs to be very level. Patience is a virtue.
  • All23600156

Thank you all for your feed back great solutions.