Budget Friendly Modern Farmhouse Master Bedroom Makeover

Having just moved to a townhouse 6 months ago, we've been slowly working room by room to make our place feel like home.

Like many others, my dream home is at the end of a tree-lined driveway with a lush green lawn, wrap around porch, and a welcome mat by the door ~ out in the country, of course!

So, although my current home is smack dab in the middle of town, I'm trying to give it a Modern Farmhouse heart.

The most recent space we tackled was our Master Bedroom :
It was a basic (and bland) blank slate to start with.
The wall across from the bed was an awkward space with a door leading to the main bathroom. Although a decent sized room, there wasn't a lot of wiggle room. The cedar chest at the end of our bed resulted in many stubbed toes...!
We started off the makeover by giving the room a fresh coat of paint, and adding in a feature wall of color.
The boring wall across from the bed got a new arrangement to create a little reading nook, and has become our favorite corner of the house!
Adding in layers and textures through re-purposing items we already had and budget friendly purchases, we finished off the space for under $200!
To check out all the details of the makeover with links to all the project tutorials, head on over to the Harbour Breeze Blog.

• Paint  (Sherwin Williams & Benjamin Moore)
  • Throw Pillows  (Winners)
  • Decorative Mirrors & clock  (Winners)
Rita J

• Yofrendonna

did you only use accent color on the headboard wall?
    • Rita J

The headboard feature wall is painted Silver Strand by Sherwin Williams. The other walls are Simply White by Benjamin Moore.
  • Joan

Where did you get the great bicyle print over the bed?
    • Jan

.The bicycle print is great, however, I would of hung it lower.
      It looks like it is hanging from the ceiling.
  • Joanne Armstrong

There is no dresser and chest of drawers so where do they put clothes?