Asked on May 14, 2017

What is the netting like material that keeps dirt & where you get it?

VljeffersonJanet PizaroDav20151265


My brother built a raised flower/ garden around the house out of 4"x6" wood and it has many cracks where the water and dirt kept coming out. I am wondering what the netting like stuff is called and where would I get some at that material, and what is the best type for a homeowner to buy and use themselves.
4 answers
  • Lynne Forrestal
    on May 14, 2017

    Landscaping fabric can be purchased in rolls. remove dirt, line bottom and sides of the inside of the bed, replace soil. water will flow through but not the dirt, also will help keep weeds from ground from coming up .
  • Dav20151265
    on May 14, 2017

    Black week barrier would work well for this . You can buy a 3' wide x 50' long roll at home improvement stores for under 10 dollars.
  • Janet Pizaro
    on May 14, 2017

    Landscaping fabric or weed block.
  • Vljefferson
    on May 15, 2017

    Landscape plastic might work.
Your comment...