What containers should I use for an outdoor garden around screenhouse?

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CASusan JeanneMichele Pappagallo
+2

I would like varying heights with using materials from around the house not expensive ones from the the garden store.
  • Shoshana

I've seen old tires used in the garden, as well as cinderblocks. Both look clever and fabulous in the garden!
  • Sharon Fontana

Thanks I will look into it
  • Michele Pappagallo

Lots of household items can be repurposed as garden containers, depending on the look you want. You can use washtubs, buckets, (metal or plastic), wooden crates or boxes, tires, etc. Don't rule out cheap items like various dollar store trash cans ...just be sure to drill or cut a couple of holes in the bottom to allow for drainage. These come in lots of heights, colors and styles and can be bought really cheaply.
  • Susan Jeanne

I have some boxes that I've made from old, heat treated pallets. Super cute and rustic and the sizes are totally up to you.
  • Use any plastic container or tin can you have, you can always paint or embellish the outside to go with your decor theme. Also make the rounds of the dollar stores in your area, you can find some great containers for a dollar!