Rita Brown
Rita Brown
  • Vicksburg, MI

How do you design a home that would be clutter free?

JcrawCori WidenDmo16609233
+3

• Slew Dee

Storage, closets in every room.
  • Judy Ferrell

lots of closets and cabinets
  • Susan Savarese

I'd build the pantry with tons of the pull out shelves. In the closets I'd be certain to have closet organizers. I find that using labeled "tubs" and containers, I keep my house pretty clutter free.
  • Dmo16609233

Slide out drawers of different depths ,, behind a door
  • Cori Widen

Storage in unexpected places - like under beds!
  • Jcraw

Make lists. What do you have to store in each room?
    If you look at each space individually, you'll know what kind of storage you need.
    Over my toilet I had a cabinet made max depth of a Listerine bottle, but to the ceiling. Holds toilet paper on top (lightweight) and toiletries but nothing gets lost. In laundry room used my old top kitchen cabinets (12" deep" stacked. They hold cookbooks and all laundry products but not too deep that things get lost. Canned goods, etc, in slide out in 24" cabinets to access everything. IKEA makes 18" deep bathroom vanities where plumbing is flat against the wall. That gives me full access to huge drawers and lots of storage.
    Watch "small house" tv shows for brilliant inspiration.
    The idea is that if there is adequate and appropriate storage in each room it will get put away. If you have to carry it to another room, the mess begins