Mamamia
Mamamia

What can I use for Laminate floor cleaner?

Karen ReillyBobbieWilma Van Schelven
+2

Hi, I have tried many ways to clean my laminate floors, Swiffer wet, steamers, damp mop, but I always end up with streaks
  • Cori Widen

You can make a great cleaner!

3 parts water, 1 part vinegar, and one squirt of liquid dish detergent. Put it in a spray bottle, spray generously but not excessively, mop and rinse!
  • Mamamia

Thank you Cori, I will try it tomorrow, no work on Mothers Day, yuck, yuck
  • Wilma Van Schelven

I was taught by a professional to get the proper cleaner - i use the one made for my specific floor - mix with water and make the floor really wet. Let it sit for 10 minutes then damp mop to remove It really works and then you don't have to scrub.
  • Bobbie

Water and vinegar best cleaner ever for floors of any kind.
  • Karen Reilly

The streaks mean you are using to much cleaner so you need to use less and rinse. Don't soak a laminate it will warp. I use a squirt bottle with a micro fiber cloth on an old swifter and use the floor cleaning recipe on Brendid.com she has lots of recipes and they work great.