I have an avocado sapling which is the best soils to place it in 1st?

Kim9331407Janet PizaroBeth Shorts
+3

Was this grown from a pit? Do you have this inside?What is it in now and how big is it?
    • Suzette Irving

Yes I grew it from a pit it took 2 months to sprout inside next to my stove inside a jar and it's 5in tall so far with ball root
  • Beth Shorts

I put my little avocado sapling in a pot with Miracle Grow potting soil.. it seems to be doing well in spite of my brown thumb

I would suggest planting it now in a potting soil and place the pot in indirect lighting.
    • Woo21825120

I have a couple beginning to sprout myself, how big a pot do they need once they are ready to plant? Does pot size determine growth size? They will be indoor only here! Thanks for the help! :)
  • Kim9331407

I I've in zone 7. . I grew an avacado tree with miracle grow. It's three years old . It grew up to my ceiling the first two years. Direct soon through the window burned the leaves however it's away from direct rays and it's awesome.