Budget Powder Room Makeover!

$170
1 Month

Hi, I'm Brittany! I am passionate about sharing time saving projects around the house for other busy families.

Today I want to show you a simple powder room makeover that we DIY'd completely by ourselves in April. Our budget and time was limited, so we had to make updates that were impactful-- and easy to finish.

Goal: Completely update this bathroom in less than 6 weeks during the One Room Challenge. You can see the room fully updated on my blog (link is at the end of this post).
budget powder room makeover
Here is where we started 6 weeks ago! The room is at the end of a hallway, has no natural light, and is just over 6' square in size.
budget powder room makeover
The only thing we'd done since the new-build move in was paint it this dark teal. The color is beautiful, but since we didn't have the natural light, it looked much darker than we liked.
budget powder room makeover
The first thing we did was add board & batten. We learned so much to make this project easier. Over on my blog, I shared 11 things you NEED to know before you start a board & batten project!
budget powder room makeover
Then, we installed a new pedestal sink. We used Kohler's Memoirs Sink. I included a DIY-ers installation post. You can find the link in the room reveal blog post.
budget powder room makeover
Once the board & batten was installed, we added a band of mosaic accent tile. Since the lighting is a little funny, the tile is very gray & blue in real life-- not green!  We picked it up affordably from Lowe's. It's their Venatino mosaic tile.
budget powder room makeover
Here it is finished! We used 'Drizzling Mist' from Valspar for the walls. Its a light blue-gray that looks darker in the photos.
budget powder room makeover
And the sink finished! You can see the tutorials for each project over on my blog. It was quite a bit to knock out on the weekends in a month's time, but we did it. And it feels great to have a room finished.

Follow me on Facebook for our latest projects!

Brittany | Our Home Made Easy

• Pat

How long are the boards

• They were boards. I have an entire tutorial on the Board & Batten project here (remove the spaces) https:// www.ourhomemadeeasy.com /things-you-need-to-know-before-making-board-batten-walls/

• Cindy Pelley

Did you reuse the old baseboard

• Beth Gold Roccia

I love the way everything pulls together like that!

My question is...is that a mirror above is sink or is it a cabinet? Bathrooms seem to hold a lot of things. I love the pedestal sink but pedestal sinks don't offer any storage.

Thank you