Tauni
Tauni
  • Leslie, AR

I am looking for an outdoor clear coat that will repel mold and mildew

Sue LillyDiana DeileyGalena
+3

I live in Northern Arkansas and it is very humid here ... I am having a hard time finding a coating of some sort that will repel mold and mildew ... the green looking algae that wants to attach itself all over my cedar siding. I have tried lots of things but most do not last past a season ... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • Bonnie Shraudet

the brand "KILZ" makes an outdoor finish that repells mold and mildew. Ive uses it on my porch railings.

• Tauni

Thank you so much Bonnie!! I will try that ;)
  • Galena

Have you made a lemon spray? Slice them thin and boil.... leaving in water overnight before pouring into spray bottle.
  • Diana Deiley

I'd clean it with either pool chlorine or a product called 30 Seconds. Spray, wait, rinse. I live in Florida and have the same problem. I've painted the exterior of my house with Clark Kensington exterior paint mixed with a bottle of A-1 Adv Mildewcide and have had great results. I always "wash" my house whenever it begins to get 'dirty' to keep up with proper maintenance and keep it looking fresh and clean. Best of luck.
  • Sue Lilly

shiplack varnice
  • Sue Lilly

Yatch varnish