DIY Beach Themed Coasters

Like so many of you, I love mason jars and use them quite often in decorating. But I find that I use a ton of the Mason jars but never the lids. Does that happen to you? I literally had a bucket full of Mason jar lids. My daughter and a couple of friends are moving into their first apartment for their Senior Year of College. They are going with beach themed decor, so I decided to make coasters from the mason jar lids.
These are so easy to make with just a few supplies. Start with your mason jar lids, crushed shells or vase filler and small starfish or shells and E-6000 Adhesive. The final thing that you will need to finish the project is the Triple Thick Gloss Glaze. You can find all of these items at the craft store.
First use the E-6000 to attach the mason jar lid together. Make sure you use enough of the E-6000 to really seal it. You want to make sure the Gloss doesn't leak out of the bottom. Then add the shells and starfish so it is just below the lid. Finally pour a nice, even layer of the Triple Thick Gloss Glaze.
It will come out a milky white but don't worry-it dries clear. If you see any bubbles after you pour it, make sure you use a toothpick to pop the air bubbles. Let it dry overnight and you are done!
It is perfectly clear and sealed making it waterproof and a nice addition to your coastal decor. These would be great to use outside on a porch or patio as well for Summer entertaining. All four of these cost under $10 to make!
Get the step by step as well as other thrifty craft ideas here http://ourcraftymom.com/diy-beach-themed-coasters-mason-jar-lids/. You may also like my beach themed mason jars and bottles here http://ourcraftymom.com/create-challenge-achieve-stained-glass-look/

15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Our Crafty Mom

• Maxy Gee

These are great and I'd love to make them but I'm a little confused about the materials list. The pix of the coasters show crushed seashells but the materials list shows acrylic crystal diamonds. Where do I find the crushed seashells?
  • Nan10574837

Can they be used for coasters?

• Mickey Baron

I'd use the WIDE MOUTH lids... so ANY cup or glass can fit easily on top... just sayin

• Willadean Arellano

i tried this about 3 days ago and the gloss isnt tacky but it hasnt gotten hard, i can take my finger and push it and its like a jello texture. any ideas why?

• Kellie

I don't know for sure having not used that stuff before I would think it simply hasn't completely cured.