Is a ceiling fan a good idea for your kitchen?

MichelleMary GendronSharon
+7

I have a propane stove that I cook on, and my husband thinks a ceiling fan could potentially be dangerous. It is sooo hot in the kitchen!
  • Marcia Lazenby
    Marcia Lazenby

i believe this would depend on the height of the ceilings ..also the speed on which you cook...if you have a window in your kitchen i would suggest a window fan to pull out the heat....
  • Judy
    Judy

For a ceiling fan, you can reverse the fan, and this will prevent the "direct blowing on flames." This is super, and will not cause problems. Best wishes, J.
  • Husbands . . . Ceiling fan is perfectly fine if properly installed. I have one in my kitchen too. If it is that hot in the kitchen, tell him you do not need to cook, he can grill everything outside or take you out to dinner!
  • Teresa
    Teresa

I have a ceiling fan in my kitchen with a gas stove and believe me. Mine is a lifesaver! I turn my on full blast somethings when I cook because like clockwork I will have a hot flash while cooking. It's about 2 feet in front and just about not much more higher than the oven exhaust fan!
    • Margarite
      Margarite

Now I definitely need to get one in my kitchen. My hot flashes started and I don't have an exhaust fan in my kitchen.
  • Hillela G.
    Hillela G.

I agree, its a game changer! Keep us posted!!
  • Sandy
    Sandy

It definitely is a game changer, get one!
  • Sharon
    Sharon

If you have a kitchen window, buy one of those window fans, and have it blow the hot air out (reverse it). Works great.
  • Mary Gendron
    Mary Gendron

I have both a propane stove and the ceiling fan and have never had any problems. I've had these for about 20 years. /Also my stove is not the electronic ignition type, but the old fashioned pilot light stove. never had any problems.
  • Michelle
    Michelle

I have one in my kitchen and a propane stove. Never had a problem