Bj Blyth
Bj Blyth
  • Knoxville, TN

How can I update a dining table which has white 4" tiles in the center

Bj BlythKarenKaren Viscusi
+5

The white tiles take up most of the table top, with a natural wood around the edges. It will be in the dining room of a 100 year old craftsman style house. Thanks for the advice and inspiration!
  • Shoshana

Sound like it would be really cool if you stenciled the tiles.
  • Bj Blyth

Good idea! Thanks!
  • Catherine Finch

You could glue down cedar planks that have been sanded smooth over the top to give it a rustic look. You can then hemp oil them to bring out the natural wood tones (which will also make it food safe) the table top below was hemp oiled
  • Dee

I agree with Shoshana, the simplest thing would be to stencil the tiles. If you really want to work and try something different, remove the tiles carefully, wrap/cover them in light fabric and reseal them to the table. Or remove them and replace with wood in a parquet style, fill the space with small pebbles, beads, etc., and pour sealant over to create a level surface.
  • Karen Viscusi

There are so many different types of tile now that you could probably remove those 4 inch white tiles and replace them with something a little bit more to your liking. If you going to the Home stores there are tiles that I actually look like wood whitch you could get and install in place of the white tiles
  • Bj Blyth

Thanks for the great ideas, ladies! You are making it difficult to make a decision!
    😁 LOL !!
  • Karen

A really nice table cloth lol
  • Bj Blyth

👌🏼I will probably do that until I can DYI it! LOL! Do you recommend a certain color or pattern? 😂 heehee!