Hylissa
Hylissa
  • Canada

How do I remove a bath tub?

Lxl22364283

To cut costs from a contractor, I will need to remove the tub and taps, and shower head from the bathroom. Also, for replacement flooring, do I install it before or after the new tub??
  • Lxl22364283

When the bathtub was removed from guest bath all plumbing was disconnected and removed and since the bathtub was in awful shape, we cut it in half and removed it that way. The new flooring was put down throughout the bath before new vanity, toilet and tub were installed.

• Hylissa

It's a metal tub, so we cannot cut it in half to remove it !! Once the plumbing is disconnected, does it just pull out or how is it attached?
  • Lxl22364283

I don't know how yours is installed but mine just pulled out once all the plumbing was removed/disconnected. My bathroom is quite small and the tub was fiberglass so it was quite easy to cut it in half.