How to keep snakes out of my yard?

Joyce YoungDarcieRachel
+3

I am afraid of snakes and rodents I would love to know how to keep them out of my yard for good!
  • Msd22487198

I use moth balls around the perimeter of yard and all along outside of house
  • Ldy22231926

Put moth balls around you bushes and plants ( just 2-3 under each ) This keeps snakes at bay and will stop deer ,rabbits and squirrels from eating plants and hostas.
  • I installed "snake fencing" recently as I live where rattlesnakes are plentiful and didn't want them to get to all the pets. It is a bit of a process and labor intensive so not cheap. I also installed "coyote rollers" so they could not hop my fences and gates to get to my pets.
  • Rachel

Mice don't like the smell of peppermint oil... it's too strong for their sensitive noses! A few drops on randomly placed cottonballs should do the trick
  • Darcie

I crush mothballs and sprinkle them around the property line! They HATE them! I am scared of snakes too!!
  • Joyce Young

Thanks everyone. We get a lot of rain here in Louisiana so how often do I have to put this out?