Nichole
Nichole
  • Fort Wayne, IN

Want to use the "click" together patio deck squares but uneven ground

Richard PaceAC. D. Scallan
+2

The concrete of the back patio is mostly flat but there is a strange drop off next to the house on one side, where the dog kennel area begins. Should I fill this with concrete or just have a step down? How well do the click together deck tiles do on uneven parts? i want to avoid water sitting on them, possibly damaging. Thanks!
  • Shoshana

I think you're safer using them on a flat surface. I would try and even the ground out (maybe with a plank of wood) before installing them.
    • Nichole

thanks! It's hard to describe the drop off. It's like an actual step down. probably 7 inches... not just a little uneven. Think I'll have to level it with concrete like the patio?
  • C. D. Scallan

Definitely try to even out the ground first . Any deck or flooring has to be laid on a level surface .
  • A

I just installed these tiles on my poor old worn out deck with beautiful results. I agree, the flatter the surface, the better. They are fairly rigid and will not snap together properly if they are on an uneven surface.
  • Richard Pace

advantage lumber sells these pedestals for their deck tiles that will allow you to do this
    , advantage lumber sells these pedestals for their deck tiles that will allow you to do this