Teresa
Teresa
  • Four Oaks, NC

Battery operated light into a Solar light?

Hillela G.TeresaWilliam
+3

I'm not sure what happened when I tried posting earlier. But my question is can you make a battery operated light into a solar one? I have this Dollar Tree paper lantern and I would love to have it stay on every night. But it takes batteries!
q battery operated light into a solar light
  • Michele Pappagallo

If you could find a solar light to fit inside the top of the lantern, you could just glue it in place....just below the rim of the lantern, and it should work just fine as long as it is exposed to plenty of sunlight everyday. If you are using a typical yard solar light, just remove the bottom stake before gluing it into the lantern.

See if a Dollar Tree solar light will fit inside the lantern. Just make sure the solar cell is on the surface to catch the sun. Solar lights have rechargeable batteries in them.
    • Teresa

Thanks, that's what most people don't realize that it still takes batteries!
  • Teresa

Thanks, I'm going to try yalls advice without actually making alterations to it first. And just drop the it solar light into it to see if it works so well as is, if it doesn't glow as bright with it then I won't change it!
  • Hillela G.

I can't wait to see how it comes out! You got this!!