Help! What can I do about cracks in the wall?

My house is nearly thirty years old. I find some cracks in the wall
  6 answers
  • After 30 years, pretty much any home is going to develop a crack or two. Just depends on where they are and how severe they are. I live in So. CA, earthquake country, cracks are a fact of life. You fix them and move on. To help you better, can you post a photo or be more specific about where the cracks are and how big?
  • Serai Serai on May 15, 2017
    normal settling happens. You can use drywall mud to cover the crack. Once it dries paint it.
  • Tat21605975 Tat21605975 on May 16, 2017
    You can also use a white silicone, or just plain old caulking of course you would purchase white. Good luck.
  • Sharon Sharon on May 16, 2017
    If they are very severe, and increasing in number, you may have a foundation issue. Might get an inspection.
  • Sharon Sharon on May 17, 2017
    30 years old is not that old, my house is 70 yrs old and no cracks. Check your state's Contractors Board online to verify the contractor has a valid license, workers comp and insurance, and see if they have any disputes on record before hiring.
  • Sharon Sharon on May 17, 2017
    Did you have a housing inspection reveal this problem before you brought it? might be only way to recover investment is to sue for something not divulged by seller or inspector.
Your comment...