Help! What can I do about cracks in the wall?

SharonTat21605975Serai
+5

My house is nearly thirty years old. I find some cracks in the wall
  • After 30 years, pretty much any home is going to develop a crack or two. Just depends on where they are and how severe they are. I live in So. CA, earthquake country, cracks are a fact of life. You fix them and move on. To help you better, can you post a photo or be more specific about where the cracks are and how big?
  • Serai

normal settling happens. You can use drywall mud to cover the crack. Once it dries paint it.
  • Tat21605975

You can also use a white silicone, or just plain old caulking of course you would purchase white. Good luck.
  • Sharon

If they are very severe, and increasing in number, you may have a foundation issue. Might get an inspection.
  • Sharon

30 years old is not that old, my house is 70 yrs old and no cracks. Check your state's Contractors Board online to verify the contractor has a valid license, workers comp and insurance, and see if they have any disputes on record before hiring.
  • Sharon

Did you have a housing inspection reveal this problem before you brought it? might be only way to recover investment is to sue for something not divulged by seller or inspector.