How to paint plastic patio furniture?

Janet Lynne BillsonGinnyMindy
+2

Clean the furniture,allow to dry and use Rustoleums 2X spray paint for plastic.
  • DIANA

There is a spray paint made for plastic that works really well.
  • Mindy

Scrub well and let dry completly. Then spray paint with something like Krylon paint that is formulated for plastic. Several light coats are better than trying to cover in one coat
  • Ginny

Rustoleum and Krylon should make something that can help you according to articles I've read in recent women's magazines.
  • Janet Lynne Billson

After cleaning it well, I'd coat the plastic furniture with Fusion Mineral Paint's Ultra Grip. Let it dry for at least 12 hours, then paint with any of the Fusion colours. The Ultra Grip will allow the paint to adhere really well. You won't need a top coat, but remember that Fusion takes 21 days to fully cure, so be gentle with the furniture for three weeks. I painted a plastic chair and a side table and left them outside over the winter, and they're still fine.