James jones
James jones
  • Shelby, AL

How easy is it to install paper bag flooring?

James jonesJohnCha20880301
+2

• Shoshana

It's really pretty simple. And very economical! For a tutorial you can see this Hometalkers project. http://www.hometalk.com/1147044/paper-bag-floors
  • Susan Savarese

Hi James! I actually know, well, the answer to this! Easy! I did our entire lake house last year. There's a link on my blog if you want to see it. Www.TheCartoonKitchen.com

it's lasted great this last year!
  • Cha20880301

I did our master bedroom. I drew a mockup of the pattern I wanted on the floor and proceeded to dive into the project. It is very time consuming, but easy to do. Wear clothes you can dispose of after the project is finished, trust me on this. After prepping the floor, it took me four full days before the last coat of finish was applied (2 days for paper/glue time thoroughly dry & 2 for the finish to dry), then, 48 hours before light stuff can be placed on the floor, with another 3 days before heavy stuff can be put on it. It was easy to do, but a lot of work and time.
  • John

I never heard of this till I saw it on youtube.com....I have seen penny floors, I have seen button floors, I have seen floors made of brass shavings, so i should have figured you could do it with paper too.
  • James jones

YES it is done with torn strips of brown paper glue and it makes the floor look like a tile pattern floor . I'm going to try it on a small bath room floor right over vinyl floor covering, wish Me luck.