How do you get rust stains out of a plastic tub?

GodleymamaDIANASus7887901
+5

The rust stains are from a metal shaving cream bottle. I have tried to remove them with Dawn, lemon juice,vinegar, and everything else that I have found on any home remedy, please help.
q how do you get rust stains out of a plastic tub
  • Tami Stade

WD-40 is the best and easiest way I have found. I had rust stains in a toilet and it worked like a charm. Just spray it on before, scrub with a scrub budand spray some on after for waterproofing. Hope this helps!
  • Lisa Lee Bernier

Have you tried a Mr Clean Magic eraser.

Make a paste of cream of tartar and lemon juice,plain coke,or white vinegar and baking soda.
  • Bau22386333

An 20/80 mixture of muriatic acid to water will work. Wear proper protective gear when using.
  • Sus7887901

Barkeepers Friend cleanser is my favorite stain remover
  • DIANA

I have had a lot of success with BarKeeper's Friend. It will clean about anything. You can find it in stores beside the cleansers like comet, etc.
  • Godleymama

I've found that dabbing a little bit of toilet bowl cleaner w/bleach and letting it sit about 30 min to an hour takes it away.